I can tailor a wide variety of individual learning and training packages for schools, drawing on over 30 years experience across a range of mainstream and SEN schools.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your specific requirements.
Across full day and half day sessions, with follow up sessions to support and monitor learning and training, I offer:
- Language work to develop literacy and learning in the classroom.
- Vocabulary teaching and learning in all school settings using the Pre-Teaching Vocabulary (PTV) resource.
- Whole school approaches to Speech, Language and Communication development and support those with Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) (including the use of Black Sheep Speaking and Listening through Narrative and desktop sentence builders).
- Initial Teacher Training – Schools Direct and SCITT.
- Talk Boost and Early Talk Boost (ICAN tutor).
- Baseline SLCN assessments and SLCN training for Senco’s and bespoke support for Developmental Language Disorders
- Working in multi-cultural / multi-lingual mainstream schools.
- Community Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) programmes in the mainstream classroom
- Rhyme Time and Chatty Hands (Makaton) sessions for children and parents
- Conference talks and workshops.
How to support language development through FS KS1 and KS2
- Paul Simpson for Public speaking
- The Balanced System Scheme For Schools
- Widgit – Communicate in Print
- Speech Bubble for speech and language therapy
- Sheffield LACIC course for CPD
- The Communications Trust What Works database
From participants at sessions using Pre-Teaching Vocabulary at NAPLIC conferences:
- “Excellent – very informative. Lots of interesting strategies that I can now look at adapting for my setting.”
- “Very interesting information which really opened my eyes to the importance of vocabulary.”
- “Really practical ideas which can be easily implemented with the teachers I work with.”
- “Brilliant. Made so much sense. Just what I’ve been looking for for years. Resources are lovely and how nice that someone wants to share for the good of the children regardless of money – refreshing.”
- “Fantastic presentation – engaging and informative. Lots of practical ideas with evidence of effectiveness. Generously allowing us to share amazing resources too – more next time please!”
- “Rooted in sound evidence base and masses of practical ideas – has given me the impetus I needed.”
- “Very practical – will be able to use back at base in mainstream, SRP and outreach.”